Sunday, July 13, 2008

Virgin On The Sublime (Saturday July 12th)


Sorry for not updating much, it's been bonkers busy at work. Plans are going great for the big day. We are about half way there with venues and the route and Sean, Tom and I have met today to catch up with how it is all going.


The big news is that the actual end of the race, before we move on to Tiger Tiger for the big bash, is now going to be slap bang in the middle of The Printworks (www.theprintworks.com/). Virgin Active (www.virginactive.co.uk/VA/ClubInfo/Default.aspx?ClubID=498) have kindly supplied three treadmills for the last mile and we will sweat it out in full view of a static crowd.


Tiger Tiger Tickets will be out very soon. They will be priced at £5 per person. There will be packages available too, should you wish to be posh, but these won't be announced for another three weeks. The three of us will be selling tickets, as will the venue. If you would like any, do get in touch. We have two celebrity DJ's on board so far, more to come, rock on.


Personally, I have been upping my miles a bit after the hamstring pull. I ran 16 miles this morning, but by 'eck it was hard work, 20 miles next Sunday, I hope it will be as glorious as today in The High Peak. I am going to focus on getting aerobiacally fit for the big day and try and drop a few pounds to boot. With only two months to go and a fortnight of that on holiday I think I may be the fattest Tarzan since Johnny Weismuller ate all the pies.


We have had a few offers of venues that are a bit too far out for the big day and are looking at doing a half bananathon on Saturday August 30th around the Marple area to take them in. Watch This Space.


Jane and I are following up leads and looking for some more venues on Monday and I promise we will name more venues next Tuesday.


Tarzan x

No comments: