Monday, June 16, 2008

In the beginning - (Monday 16 June)


Well what a bizarre day, in fact what a bizarre few weeks !

If I go back a couple of months to mid April I received a text from Tony Audenshaw, a good friend of mine, asking if I'd like to get involved in fundraising for Leukaemia Research. As its something I've done as an individual (running marathons) over the past three years I jumped at the chance !

But there was a catch, I should have realised with it being called the 'Tarzans Bananathon' - what Tarzan (I mean Tony...) really needed was a Jane. Yes you've guessed it Sean was about to become Jane !

They say blonde's have more fun and it sure is true - a professional photoshoot was arranged with Helen Turton across at Yorkshire TV's studios and we will unveil more of these picture over the next few days and weeks.

Well there's so much to tell about how we got to today's press launch and all the hard work that has happened so far and will happen over the next three months and the brilliant team behind it all, but more of that later in our blog.

Today was a nice early start with Channel M and the press due to meet us at Manchester Royal Infirmary at 10:30. I'd decided to try and save a bit of time by putting on my makeup before leaving home, its not an easy job, especially with four days of stubble getting in the way !

So with make up on we picked up Tom (The Banana) and headed into Manchester. On the way in to town I realised I'd left my bra at home - well not actually my bra, but a bra borrowed late yesterday evening off my daughters friends Mum (its a long story...). To get round my bra-less state we called in at the Oxfam shop opposite MRI, much to the amusement of the assistants in the shop - after much rummaging in the the 'bra' box we found a little (well quite big actually...) black number which was the perfect addition to the skimpy LRF 'Jane' outfit.

The day itself was great experience, meeting so many new and friendly faces from LRF, MRI, Manchester Evening News and Channel M and such a great response from some of the patients we met at the hospital too - I'm really looking forward to September 13th !
Jane x

No comments: