Saturday, August 30, 2008

Co-op Travel Denton (Friday August 29th)


Now this venue is very special to me as it is only about 400yards from where I was born on Acre Street. I was brought up in Denton and spent many happy days there with my extended family.


Clare and the team at Co-op travel have really got behind the Bananathon and if there wasn't enough reason to pop into the Crown Point store, seeing the staff dressed in hula skirts is an extra incentive. The shop was really busy when I popped in there with folk booking holidays in places as diverse as Greece, Spain and Butlins. I also bumped into an old mate, Pete Bolger, from Hyde Little Theatre who has recently been working as a supporting artist at Emmerdale. He was saying what a great deal he had got on a break in Portugal.


Co-op Travel have donated a fantastic prize which I know will raise a mint when auctioned at Tiger Tiger on the 13th,; a match day package for 2 people for Saturday 27th September, Man Utd v Bolton Wanderers which includes tickets for 2, match programmes, mega store discount vouchers and meal vouchers for Harry Ramsdens.
I'll bob in again over the next week or so and get a decent picture of the store and staff as the logo doesn't really do them justice. I have the feeling they will have a few surprises up their sleeve when we arrive on the day of the event.
23 down, 3 to go.
Tarzan


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking very nice site and provides good latest updated matter to us.good, keep up it.

pandora charms said...

I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this! Write more informative news like this, and let's Stop Dreaming Start Action!!