Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Crabs! (Wednesday August 20th)


Had a blast on ITV daytime's This Morning.....er this morning, you can watch the item here and I was given a very generous slot about the Bananathon which features the one and only Magic Clipboard. The 'no expense spared' hand drawn map was featured in close up.
After a hair raising cab journey (The Eastern European driver pulled out of a junction and missed an oncoming car by inches, his explanation..."London!") I met up with Alex, Sally, Serena and Tom at Leukaemia Research Fund headquarters and had a really productive meeting. With just over three weeks to go to the big day, it's all hands on decks, splice the mainbrace and a host of other sailing metaphors.
A special mention today to my two wives. Viv, my on screen missus who today started a prison sentence and Ruth, my real partner who has been a tremendous support over the last few months whilst I have been busy with the Bananathon and celebrated her birthday today. (I won't say how old she is, but the runners among you may be interested to know she has 'moved up a category'.) Hats off to the ladies.
Tarzan

No comments: